Thursday, November 4, 2010

Village Gossip

Oh my goodness!!! No matter where you go on earth, the gossip mentality will follow you. I look at it from a distance and shake my head. Here’s the story: The staff is invited to a social. First proper get together that would have included everyone. (Ha Ha Ha.) The hostess is concerned that she won’t be able to accommodate/entertain kids. The kids’ mother calls the teacher a bitch on facebook. The teacher cancels the invitation. That’s the short and tall of it. The mother who acted in bad faith, is not even a member of staff (though her husband is). However, the members of staff are now the ones being punished. What can I say: Fuck it.  I was so looking forward to a social. In my world, being called a bitch is merely a drop in the ocean that will go unnoticed. Not so here. Small issues become BIG ISSUES. The lady who got bad-mouthed, is not a Muslim, but the Muslims’ reaction was what surprised me the most. They are deeply offended and say it is an insult to all of us. You can say “fuck” a hundred times, but you do not call someone a dog.
Between Tom killing a cat (previous post) and the dog’s mistaken identity, life in the Kingdom remains decidedly interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment