Friday, January 14, 2011

Laughter

My New Year’s resolution: 
Laugh as much and as often as possible.

So what has been funny, thus far:
      *Old Year’s Eve: Youngster singing along with Jack Parrow, swearing like a trooper, then looking at me apologetically saying: It’s no me, it’s the lyrics. “Dans, dans, dans. Ek wil fokken fokken dans!” I think it is hilarious, even when nobody else does.
-         *Walla (fat boy) jumping in the only puddle on the playing field and splashing water all over the headmistress.
-         *The headmistress holding up clothes from lost property, except the box got mixed-up with clothing donated to charity – lots of pyjama pants!
-         *Staff meetings, more aptly known as briefings, cause your input is not required. Normally quite outspoken, I picked up on this early on and now shut the fuck up. It serves me well. It is the interaction of the others that I find amusing. A quiet observer, I watch their futile efforts as they offer suggestions. What follows is predictable, harmless and bloody funny. Funny because it’s repeated every day and they still don’t get it.
-         *The kids’ bizarre hats. One day these kids (currently dressed by their parents) will grow up, see pictures of themselves, and be mortified.
-         *Watching the Filipino ladies get on the bus with their month’s groceries.

You are all beautiful. You are all magical. Deserve to be adored. - Parlotones

No comments:

Post a Comment