Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Creating Space

Changed my room today. Not exactly the extreme make-over. Just moved some furniture around. All by myself! So proud. Didn’t feel like inviting the gardener in to help. The furniture included a king-size bed,  a cupboard and drawers (hangkas en laaikas would be a better description). Remember the bedroom that faces East? Well now the bed is also facing East – like some Native American Indian – which I’m not. And you know what happens when women start moving furniture - they discover holes and gaps that need to be filled. I need paintings against the wall, a set of bedside lamps, a large rug and some scatter cushions. (And that’s just to start off with.) I have created a Bedouin space in front of the bed – by accident, I think. I could fit another king-size bed in there, but the Bedouin interior seems more appealing. I think I’m in the market for a Persian carpet right now. You’d think I’m in the right region to buy one, but trust me, I’m not. Apparently there use to be carpet-sellers who frequented the compound, but then the Pakistanis complained and said it was a rip-off. Hello, not when measured against Western prices!  I should make enquiries and have them come back – at least once!

PS - Couldn't add photo's cause there are too many open spaces that first need to be filled. Wonder whether I did the right thing....?

No comments:

Post a Comment